Tihar also known as “Deepawali” is one of the main Festival of Nepal which is celebrated for 5 days so it is also called “Yama Panchak”. Tihar is the festival of lights, firecrackers and bonding between brothers and sisters.
The capital city Kathmandu’s street is full of bright lights and crowded with people busy buying the necessary items for celebrating Tihar.
And, Dry Fruits Masala has been a traditional gift that every sister gifts her brother on Bhai Tika, 5th day of Tihar. This masala is also placed before Laxmi Goddess on the 3rd day.
We have been giving you the ideas for selecting the gifts for different occasion. Likewise, we are presenting you the making of Tihar Masala.
What ingredients make it so important for Tihar?
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Are rich in magnesium, which is critical in preventing heart attacks and hypertension
- Reduce bad cholesterol
- Beneficial for maintaining a healthy weight.
- Necessary for strong bones
- Good for keeping nerves relaxed
- Reduce your colon cancer risk
- Pistachio (Pesta)
- Lower your cholesterol
- Lower your risk for heart problems.
- Relief from Constipation, acidosis, anemia, fever and sexual dysfunction
- Helps in gaining weight in healthy way
- Raisins are loaded with potassium, magnesium, phosphorous and iron.
- It has power to reduce blood pressure.
- Helps to sleep well
- Healthy pregnancy food
- Great for Hair and skin.
- Has anti-cancer and anti-aging properties.
- Good for your circulation and prevents the build up of blood clots
- Aids in Digestion
- Promotes brain development
Dried Figs (Anjir)
- Good for your bones
- Control of Diabetic
Black and White Dried Dates (Chogada)
- Strengthens your teeth.
- Protects Liver.
- Remedy for gastric ulcers.
- Cinnamon regulates blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemics alike.
- Dalchini has antimicrobial, anti-clotting, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, diuretic, and aphrodisiac properties
- It reduces LDL cholesterol levels.
- It is a natural food preservative.
- It is rich in antioxidants contains fiber, calcium, iron, and manganese
- It’s been proven effective for menstrual pain and infertility
Areca Nut (Supari)
- Lotus Seeds Pop (Makhana)
- Contain powerful antioxidants that slow the aging process
- The astringent properties of lotus seeds make them beneficial for the kidneys.
- It is said to refresh our system by giving a calming effect. It is considered good for the heart meridians.
- Due to its astringent property, it is relieves one from diarrhea and helps improve appetite.
- The major nutrients present in lotus seeds include fats, proteins, some starches, iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc.
- It can also treat insomnia, palpitations and irritability.
- Better Digestion and has antibacterial properties
- Cloves are helpful in controlling lung cancer in its early stages.
- Extracts from cloves imitate insulin in certain ways and help in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Ayurveda describes Cloves to be effective in developing and protecting the immune system
- Cure for Oral Diseases
- Headaches can be reduced by using cloves.
- Improves Digestion , Appetite
- Improves Kidney Health
- Regularizes Heart Rate
- Treats Impotency
- Chocolate consumption helps reduce IDL cholesterol levels.
- Chocolate prevents memory decline
- Chocolate may reduce heart disease and stroke risk
- Dark chocolate is a powerful source of antioxidants.
- Dark chocolate is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese and a few other minerals.
- Dark chocolate may protect your skin against the sun.
So, every ingredient that makes Masala has many health benefits. Thus, scientifically Masala is very healthy. By presenting Masala in Tihar, one is well wishing for good health.
Everyone wants a happy life- The key is “Be Healthy” !!